site stats

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Wish I Were a Fish (a poem)

We read a few poems with this form: AAB, CCB ... and liked it. A well-known one is the poem At the Seaside by Robert Louis Stevenson. We composed a poem using this form; drawing inspiration from the guppies in our aquarium.

I Wish I Were a Fish
How wonderful it is to be a fish
To always be free to swim and swish
My delicate rainbow tail.
I can sleep whenever I'm tired
And have lots of peace and quiet
No noisy siblings with tiresome tales.

I can play hide-and-seek all day
On pastures of green algae
Or chase and dance with pretty ladies.
No use crying if my friend dies
Just nibble him up! Isn’t that nice?
A fish's life is filled with jollies!

1 comment:

  1. All Alone:
    All alone,
    and on my own,
    birds shall fly,
    but i will sigh,
    theres no sunlight in this heart,
    everything darkness tore apart,
    when i cry i never stop,
    it just goes drip,drip n drop.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...